Star of knowledge Organization
Terms of Reference
Job Title: (General Manager)
“Star of Knowledge Organization” (S.K.O) is a social, non-political and non-profit organization, registered with Ministry of Economy, NGOs Department, Government of Afghanistan under registration number -1755 Dated July 22, 2010. The basic aim of the organization is to empower communities of remote areas in Afghanistan through literacy and education, especially for girls, promotes peace through education, and convey the importance of these education related activities all over Afghanistan.
The general manager directs and coordinates activities of one or more departments, such as Program, finance, HR/Admin, or a major division of the business organization and aids chief executive officers in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in formulating and administering organization policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet organization and profitability growth objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, program, Finance and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with the chief executive officer and other administrative personnel to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements organization strategic planning, including, financial performance and program development.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Participate in meeting, seminars and conferences.
- Motivate and encourage employees.
- Participate in lead generation and organization development.
- Set goals and objectives for each department or unit.
- Clearly communicate with head of each department and donor
- Manage and direct overall operations.
- Measure the success of each department.
- Generate and present activities reports of each department weekly or monthly bases
- Ensure inventory is stocked and consistently replenished.
- Participate in developing policies and procedures.
- Handle employee relations.
- Perform any other duties related as required or assigned by CEO.
- Bachelor degree is requiring in management field or any other relevant degree require.
- Minimum 4 years of practical work experience in the area of project management in both training and development, Monitoring & Evaluation programs with public/private organizations, or experience in international development organizations preferred.
- Report writing experience
- Monitoring and evaluation experience
- Full command on Pashto, Dari and English
- Full command on Microsoft Office, Internet
- Conceptual skill
- Managerial skill
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skill
- Professional report writing
- Supervision skill
Instructions for applying:
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of Human Resources Department to the following email us on (email@example.com).Short listed candidates will be directly contacted for written test or interview. If we are not contacted TWO or THREE WEEKS after the closing date. Please know that your application has not been successful for the post.